Lavigne Lonsdale have considerable experience of working on Neighbourhood planning events and on public consultation.
We work for The Princess Foundation for Building Communities on providing expert inputs related to masterplanning and landscape masterplanning for village and town expansions and on urban renewal projects. Over the last five years, this has included working on the following projects;
• Sherford New Town, Devon – Landscape Masterplannning for 5000 homes and a 500 acre Community Park near Plymouth (5 year project with on going inputs)
• West Winch/ Kings Lynn, West Norfolk – working on behalf of the Communities of West Winch and Kings Lynn with developers to develop a masterplan for 3500 homes (2 week project with on going inputs)
• Caddington, Nr Luton, Bedfordshire – working on behalf of the Communities of the villages to the west of Luton to define acceptable growth potential and to define a Green Belt to the village to prevent coalescence. (1 week project)
• Newmarket, Suffolk- working on behalf of the Council, developers and horse racing community to bring together a growth and town regeneration strategy to this famous racing town. (1 week project)
• Torbay (Torquay, Paignton, Brixham), Devon – Working on behalf of three Neighbourhood plans to develop a bay wide strategy for growth and improved prosperity and employment to the local communities. This has a two year project with a follow on Town regeneration project for Torquay. The Neighbourhood plans and New Local Plan have been endorsed.
• Wirksworth, Derbyshire – Working with the Local Town Council to develop a growth strategy for this historic mining town in the Peak District.
We carry out initial reviews of plans, and work with Local Communities to develop robust growth strategies to include housing, employment, infrastructure and town regeneration particularly in sensitive landscape areas.